156 5th Avenue, Ladies' Mile Historic District, application for signage and lighting
WHEREAS, 156 Fifth Avenue is a 13 story Romanesque Revival commercial building located on the NW corner of West 20th Street in the Ladies' Mile Historic District, built in 1895, and was formerly known as the Presbyterian Building named after its original owner; and
WHEREAS, A new retail tenant, Nike, is applying to LPC for approval of two LED illuminated "halo" type signs to be placed in the windows of the store featuring the Nike signature logo with the Nike "swoosh" measuring 20 in. by 3 in.; and
WHEREAS, There is a precedent for LPC approval of similar signage and lighting; and
WHEREAS, This signage is not subject to LPC staff approval and requires a Public Hearing and approval by the LPC Commissioners; therefore, be it
RESOLVED, Community Board Five recommends approval of the signage and lighting at 156 Fifth Avenue.
The above resolution passed by a vote of 31 in favor; 0 opposed; 1 abstaining.