1186 BROADWAY A/K/A 20 WEST 29TH STREET - 1186 BROADWAY TENANT LLC D/B/A THE "ACE HOTEL" APPLICATION FOR ALTERATION OF HOTEL LIQUOR LICENSE
WHEREAS, 1186 Broadway Tenant LLC, ("Licensee"), has notified Community Board Five of its intention to file an application for the alteration of its Hotel Liquor License for the Ace Hotel located at 1186 Broadway a/k/a 20 West 29th Street, New York, New York (the "Premises").
WHEREAS, the Premises consists of 176,715 square feet of space including approximately 2,353 square feet for The Breslin restaurant on the ground floor/mezzanine and approximately 3,175 square feet for the new Corner Store Oyster Bar restaurant on the ground floor/basement of the northwest corner of the Premises; and
WHEREAS, the Premises will be operated exclusively as a hotel with no more than two (2) restaurants, with approximately 41 tables and 180 seats for dining and 23 bar/counter stools in The Breslin and approximately no more than 12 tables and 101 seats (including banquette seating) for dining and 21 bar stools in the Corner Store Oyster Bar; and
WHEREAS, Licensee has agreed to
1) operate the Premises as a hotel with room service and mini bars and no more than two (2) restaurants with seated bar and dining service;
2) not use any outside promoters at any time and the Licensee shall at all times remain responsible for and in complete control of the Premises and its patrons and all material positions of operations shall be the employees of the Licensee at all time;
3) continue to maintain its dedicated security personnel at the Premises and provide additional security Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays to (i) maintain order both inside and outside of the Premises; (ii) ensure that patrons enter and leave the Premises in a peaceful, quiet and respectful manner, and (iii) discourage patrons from congregating outside the Premises. Security personnel shall be employees of Licensee, or if third-party security personnel are used, such personnel shall at all times be directed and supervised by employees of Licensee;
4) strictly comply with and adhere to the plans for the operation of the business, as set forth herein;
5) not utilize an exterior "velvet rope" door policy, provided that exterior queuing required for purposes of maintaining legal capacity shall be permitted so long as Licensee has an employee responsible for maintaining the orderliness of patrons;
6) discourage customers from loitering outside the Premises at any time;
7) not utilize DJ's in the restaurants of the hotel (though DJ's may be used in event space in the hotel);
8) meet with neighbors and CB5 if requested and shall provide a 24-hour hotline to a live manager or owner to immediately address any complaints from the community; and
9) Arrange for private garbage pick up and its garbage will be stored in a manner so as not to cause a disturbance or annoyance to its neighbors; and
WHEREAS, Licensee agreed to return to CB5 in six (6) months to evaluate the success of the restrictions now established to minimize disturbance of the residents in the vicinity of the Premises; and
WHEREAS, should Licensee ever intend to transfer its interest in the Premises or the business, notice shall be given to CB5 before such transfer is made, and Licensee will use reasonable efforts to have the transferee agree to the covenants set forth herein; and
WHEREAS, these agreements, stipulations and conditions will be incorporated into the Method of Operation as part of the liquor license alteration application submitted by Applicant to the New York State Liquor Authority, a copy of which shall be simultaneously submitted to CB5; therefore be it
RESOLVED, that Community Board Five recommends denial of the application by 1186 Broadway Tenant LLC for the alteration of its Hotel Liquor License for the Ace Hotel located at 1186 Broadway a/k/a 20 West 29th Street, New York, New York unless the above conditions are adhered to and are incorporated into the method of operation of the State Liquor Authority application.
The above resolution passed by a vote of 34 in favor; 0 opposed; 2 abstaining.