Vikki Barbero, Chair
PUBLIC SESSION - Members of the public are encouraged to speak to the Board
- Election of Officers
- Adoption of April 2017 Minutes
- District Manager's Report: Wally Rubin
- Chair's Report : Vikki Barbero
- Ratification of the resolution for 910 7th Avenue, a new unenclosed sidewalk cafe
- Department of Transportation (DOT) plan to implement a protected bicycle lane on 7 Avenue between Clarkson Street and West 30 Street.
- 110 5th Avenue, application for sidewalk vault waterproofing repairs and pavement grading project.
- 12 West 27th Street, application for restoration of existing cast iron façade elements and adding a new storefront entry, transom units and canopy over the entryway.
- 126 5th Avenue, application to replace the existing aluminum and glass entry door with a new steel and glass door within the existing door opening.
- 22 West 27th Street, application to replace 2 existing elevator bulkheads with 2 new elevator bulkheads with painted aluminum cladding.
- 650 6th Avenue, Men's Wearhouse, application for the installation of an ADA accessible ramp on the exterior.
- 225 5th Avenue, application to place planters on the sidewalk.
Public Safety and Quality of Life
- 130 East 57 Street, 57th Street Hospitality Group LLC. Application for a new on-premises liquor license.
Budget, Education and City Services
Parks & Public Spaces
- Application from Bryant Park Corporation for the Barefoot Ball, a fundraising event to be held at Bryant Park on July 26, 2017 from 7:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m.
- Application for Red Nose Day Party, a special event in Herald Square to commemorate Red Nose Day and to welcome cyclists participating in Ride on 4 Red Nose Day, a charity ride for eradicating child poverty, on May 24th, 2017 from 12:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Application from The Marketing Arm on behalf of Doritos and Marvel for a marketing event in Greeley Square featuring a video karaoke booth, pop-up tent and sampling of Doritos snack bags on May 5th, 2017 from 11AM to 6PM.
- Application from Bryant Park Corporation for Scooper Bowl New York, an event to take place in Bryant Park adjacent to the Fountain Terrace to raise funds for the Jimmy Fund and the Spaulding Rehabilitation Hospital from June 1st through 3rd between the hours of 12:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- Application from Yellow Barn to hold Yellow Barn Music Haul, a special event featuring a 17-foot U-Haul truck converted into a travelling stage with musicians, to take place in the North Plaza of Union Square Park on Thursday, June 1st, 2017 from 3PM to 8PM
- Newsstand application (# 4068-2017-ANWS) at the northwest corner of 5th Avenue and West 43rd Street.
Land Use, Housing and Zoning
- 221 West 29th Street, 221 W29 Residential LLC, application for partial real estate tax exemption under the 421-a of the Real Property Tax Law.
- 142 West 29th Street, application for a zoning variance to allow the creation of a new 15 story residential building with ground floor retail in what is currently a manufacturing zone. The current 33-foot building would rise to 169 feet.
Old Business/New Business